Kalypso Media, the producer of Tropico, Patrician, and Port Royale, is set to release their newest game, Rise of Venice. As you can guess, the game revolves around being a merchant in Renaissance Europe. The game is set for release for PC in October of 2013.
Rise of Venice incorporates a majority of Kalypso’s previous games with Tropico’s graphic engine. The game promises to bring trading, sea battles, and politics all into one game.
Some of the games features are:
- Experience a compelling story full of intrigue and treason in Venice at the time of the Renaissance
- Trade a variety of goods in the most important cities of the time such as Rome, Alexandria, Constantinople and Athens.
- With your own family tree you can interact with your family members, send them on missions and watch how the power of your family grows over time.
- Meet other important families who are pulling the strings in Venice’s government and influence political decisions yourself.
- Build your own production facilities and trading fleets
- Take fate into your own hands and test your skills in furious sea battles
- Multiplayer mode for up to 4 players via LAN and Internet